Sunday, February 13, 2011


Just Completed....

"The Bridge"
Medium: Oil on Stretched Canvas
Size: 36" Wide x 24" High
Price: $500

Story behind this painting: I had come across a documentary online called "The Bridge". It was about the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge and the problems they have with "jumpers". The documentary really affected me and this painting is a combination of my feelings about that documentary combined with a tale told in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" about a man who went to the top of a mountain to make a wish. If he jumped off, his wish would come true.

And so he wished, then jumped off and he floated away, never to be seen again. And....his wish for his family came true. So this piece is a combination of my thoughts on both of those movies which, in their own ways, affected me immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment